paid for a week stay and when we call they are always booked and still want more money to extend the package paid over 1700.oo and still have not got my stay in Gatlinburg, tn we would like our money back and stay some place else it has been a nithtmare we purchased this in 2008 and it is 2011 they do not care b/c they got our money and will not find us a cabin.westgates have mand so much money from people and still making money off people we were just like other people on vacation and got presured into buying this time share on a try bases.

Review about: Westgate Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Had an Experience with Westgate Resorts?

Comments

#541947

We have owned a 4 bedroom timeshare with Westgate in Orlando for 10 or 12 years now.While we have had some very nice vacations trading and using it, what we did not realize at the time we bought it was just how out of control greedy Westgate really was.

Our maintenence fee when we bought it was about $250 a year. I thought this was a lot to maintain what was basically a small apartment for one week. There was aparently no control on how much they could raise these fees and now we are paying over $1000 a year. By my calculation, they could replace every appliance and piece of furniture every week with that much money.

We are presently staying at the Westgate Lakes in Orlando and we had stayed here 8 years ago.

The TVs the couches the furniture and as far as we can tell all the fixtures are exactly the same.So if they were getting $1000 a week to maintain this place, where did the money go?

Ridx

Here are some agencies for everyone to contact that are on this class or people whom are fed up with west gate and their deceptive practices. The more people that contact all these agencies the quicker they will be investigated for fraud and ethics on state and federal charges.

1)FTC 1(877)382-4357

2)HUD 1(800)347-3735

3)Bureau of Compliance,Regulations and Complaints,Orlando 1(850)488-1122

4)FL Dept of AG and Consumer Services 1(800)435-7352

Out of FL 1(850)410-3800

5)Div of Consumer Services(timeshares) 1(850)487-1395

6)FL Public Service Commission 1(800)342-3552.

If everyone and I mean everyone that reads these posts contacts all these agencies they will have plenty of ammunition to go after them on several State and Federal charges.Lets give them their just action for all of their deceptive practices and fraud to all they encounter.

You can use that "Vacation Traveller" at a different WG Resort ya know.

Kholargos, Attica, Greece #266558

Gatlinburg...LOL Like Pigeon Forge a total waste of time!! Redneck PWTT...**poor white tennessee trash** vacation spots.

Consider your self lucky and go somewhere else