Where do I start. From the selling of their timeshare practices to their wifi Westgate is a complete joke. When buying any type of time share please read between the lines for all the hidden cost and fee's you may have to pay when planning your trip. They will lie to you on just about all of them to make it sound good to sell a piece of their worthless property. If you read any number of reviews you will see what I am talking about. So please do some homework before buying any time share from Westgate. Next, the wifi, two words for you - doesn't work - its junk. If you plan on using the wifi for work you might as well go to any Mcdonald's and use their wifi because you're not going to be able to do anything type of work let alone anything else using their wifi. Oh, you have a hotspot, they might block your cell signal just so you can buy their internet access at $40 per person.

Here are some issues with their internet that you will experience and this has been going on for years at Westgate. I should know. Everytime I came here this is what I had to go through."Everytime"

1. Access codes don't work,you will get an error almost all the time that says "Information does not match our records."

2. Access codes will expire days before they are supposed to.

3. A very, very, very weak wifi signal. You might not get a signal at all in your room. If you do get a signal you might have to stand in a corner just to stay on the internet.

4. Any type of Apple product is not compatible with their network because their networking equipment is to old. If you have a router in your room google it like I did. Its at least 7 years old, and they wont update it.

a. Spinning status bar when connecting to the wifi connection, it will just spins and do nothing else.

b. It might not pick up a signal but other computers and phones will be able to.

c. If it can get connected to the wifi connection Safari will display webpage can not get displayed.

5. For no reason the internet will just get disconnected from your phone,tablet, or laptop.

So lets say I did most of my work in other hotels nearby and other places that provided reliable wifi for free.

So please be careful of traveling or buying anything from Westgate Resorts you will be better off throwing you money out the window, or flushing it down the toilet.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of westgate resorts vacation ownership. Westgate Resorts needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned westgate resorts vacation ownership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Westgate Resorts.

Had an Experience with Westgate Resorts?

Comments

Wow that complaint is weak! My wife stayed at Westgate in Las Vegas and wifi was fine totally fine.....