We booked a special for a week at Westgate Villas (2 Br w/loft) in July.We paid in full and had received a confirmation.

2 weeks before we were to arrive, I received a call stating that we did not meet the deal requirements, but we could book one of their other properties at full price. The reason they gave was that we were participating in a basketball tournament while we were there. I read the contract and there was no such stipulation. They offered me a refund, but we ended up paying $400 more for a place because of the short notice.

We booked in May and they waited until the end of June to call us.

That is terrible customer service.They did the same things to another family who had the same deal.

Had an Experience with Westgate Resorts?

Comments

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States #690405

Sadly that makes me feel better that we are not the only one that happened to.Although they called our guests that were going through our time referral program TWO days prior to their trip.

Our friends ended up booking a 6 bedroom 6 bath house for 1800 for the week.(nationals in July) Westgate wanted 1200 for the week after they originally said 600 for a two bedroom condo. We still used our week at Westgate since we own there even though our guests couldn't go. I was so disappointed this year. Our air-conditioning broke the second day there.

The microwave was broke. They had to give us a tiny counter top replacement for the week which I guess was better than nothing. The rear screen door was broken which we called to get fixed three times. There were *** roaches over an inch long.

Maybe that's normal for Florida but not for pa so I was disgusted. We got a unit that was on the opposite end of the resort from where we had to park our motor home so the walk was long and hot everyday. I guess that's our fault for driving a motor home although every year in the past they have given us close accommodations. The maintenance was extremely friendly and they did respond fast for all of our problems so that did help.

I'm kind of glad our guests didn't book there cause I probably would have been embarrassed that I recommended Westgate if all that happened to them. The only thing I can say that was a positive was that the team did great and came home...

The purpose of the trip was a success.