we are owners since august this is a scam getting lawyer they have screwed us over.I am going to go there and they wish they ahve not seen me.

we went to the myrtle beach location for two days was supose to charge me 93.00 for owners rate i was charged 184.00,and 46.00 , then get my bill today and they chrges me 118.00 for a cancelation charge, i was there, a 100.00 charge they can not explain. I was to get a call today by5, well it is 830 they are so full of *** i have had it. If any ones to join a class action suit please let me know becuase i do believe all the people that they have scammed will join in.

oh by the way love these 499 get aways never have them never can get where you want but that man sure is making alot of money now.he sure the *** is collection off people what a fat cat he shoudl be ashamed of himself.

Had an Experience with Westgate Resorts?

Comments

count me in.... wrwitzel@verizon.net

Is this lawsuit still ongoing?

Want information about class action lawsuit on Westgate Resorts. Want to join in.

to Rob #822889

Quiero informes . Donde se queja uno si es víctima de engaño por parte de west gate

Now let me share my story with all of you.I hope you all learn a valuable lesson from our mistake.

My parents have been owners with Westgate Vacation Villas for over 5 years. They've never had a problem. They have a 2 bedroom unit and it's lovely! We love using it.

Last year my parents decided not to use it so my boyfriend and I, along with another couple who are close friends of ours, took advantage and flew down for the week. We got the whole spiel at check-in about the free breakfast the next day and we would get vouchers for a cruise etc etc. We knew it was a sales ploy but we went anyway because we wanted to learn more about timeshares as there was a possibility that we would buy our own somewhere down the road. We were greeted by Hector.

He was very nice, clean cut and whitty. We spent 4 hrs with Hector. He took us to the Town Center and showed us the newest condos. He kept offering us deals we just couldn't afford.

He showed us a 1 bedroom unit that had the hot tub and balcony...it was gorgeous! We loved it. However, again, we couldn't afford the deal he was offering us. He took us back to this large room that was really really noisy.

Finally his skeeze of a manager came over and they were talking. As a final offer (so he said) he offered us the 1 bedroom unit (he referred to it as "the big room") every other year. This was perfect because we can't afford to go on vacation every year. He played on the fact that we would have...

We went over everything in great detail..we're no dummies. We verified everything more than several times. My mom even got on the phone with Hector and was asking him questions just to make sure everything was in order. So after all this time we went over all the paperwork, signed everything and BAM we had our own timeshare..

and it was brand new!! We were ecstatic! We had so many plans to use it to travel the country.

1 year goes by.

We booked our vaca for May 2011. This would be the 1st time we would get to use our new timeshare so we were super excited. We got there on time and checked in and they again told us about the free breakfast (to try and upgrade us) however if we went we would get over $200.00 off our tickets to Disney. We were planning on going to Disney so we were just considering taking one for the team and going just to get the money off on the tickets.

We were escorted to our room..the 1st thing I noticed was our room was not in the buidling where we were told we were going to be in--no view of the fireworks from this buidling. I thought ok, no big deal, whatever. We get to our room and the escort opened the door and we walked in...shock. The room we were in were one of the eficiency "lock offs" as they're called.

My boyfriend said woah wait, this isnt the right room - we bought the room with the balcony etc. The escort called the front desk and they said they had it in their system that we bought the efficiency. I was like this has got to be some mistake. I told him I had the name and phone number of the rep who sold us the unit as i had it in my cell phone--He said the rep who sold us the timeshare is no longer with Westgate...that's when I knew something was seriously wrong.

He said we would have to have a new rep assigned to us and we could do that tomorrow at the morning BS meeting with the free breakfast. There was nothing they could do until the next day (we called corporate and everything). So we had to sleep in the efficiency the 1st night..which let me tell you, was depressing. The room had 1 window.

It was terribly small. I didn't like it at all. I called my mom to tell her what had happened - she actually went to my apartment and got the paperwork we signed. In the paper work was a blue print so I asked her to take a pic of it with her phone and send it to me.

Low and behold, the blueprint was of the efficiency. I was livid. I'm no architecht..I wouldn't have known the difference between the blue print of one room vs. the blue print of another.

They bait and switched us... and we signed the paper work. We knew we were really screwed at this point. My mom was LIVID by the way..So we go the next morning at 9am which was when our appointment was.

We waited nearly a half hour for our newly assigned rep to come and get us. He was very nice..I know none of this was his fault, however we were quick to voice our dissappointment. He got his manager who was the biggest slime ball I have ever met. He basically told us that this situation happens all the time, in his words "more than we'd like".

He said people misunderstand what they're being sold which is BS - they are lied to, they don't misunderstand!! My blood pressure was sky high at this point. He said there's so many different "types" of rooms that he doesn't even know them all. Again, never explained to us.

We knew they weren't going to give us the unit we wanted without making us pay which we were NOT willing to do. I wasn't paying them another dime of my money. We asked for a complimentary upgrade then just for the week..NOPE...we were so tired of arguing with these people that we just paid the $400.00 (it was $80.00 per night however they gave it us for $60.00 per night. wow..what a discount) to upgrade the room and called it a day.

We were unbelievably dissappointed. Our plans for the future were shot. Anyway...we put that all behind us and had an amazing vacation anyway!!

I hope this helps others to be incredibly wary.We learned the hard way..

I will gladly join the lawsuit.I hate this timeshare.

I too have tried to sell and no luck.

They have done us wrong too.Let me know if you want me to file with you.

My family and I took our first Disney vacation July 2010. After two hours of high pressured by what seemed to be endless sales reps. We reliantly signing up for an overpriced 2011 vacation we called just days later to cancel.

We spoke to a rep who assured us that after speaking to his manager the vacation would be canceled; to date it has not been. We received a letter dated September 27, 2010 advising our account was past due and to make payment call. I called the 800 number provided and spoke to a rep another who advised the person we spoke to didn't have authorization to cancel the vacation nor did his manager. She suggested we email Westgate because they would be able to cancel. I sent an email to both e-mail addresses provided. I also requested a manager call me back regarding the cancellation no call back or reply to my email.

I did receive a general letter advising our request to cancel could not be processed.

I file a complaint with the BBB any other suggestions.

I file a complaint with the BBB any other suggestions.

#208104

We Will Join you guys too.we had had this resort for several years never used it, and never will, we have tried to sell it but nobody wants it , not even for $500 .

this has been a nigthmare for us, we keep paying the maintenance fee that goes up and up every year,I wish I could get rid of these as soon as possible.please let us know what to do .

#206450

we agree with u on this , it is a scam and its a shame that these things r legal and some guy is making a fortune off of us.if u need any help please contact us, we would love to get rid of this thing.

we have had it for a few years and have never used it and probably wont.

i dont see how these people can sit and lie to people all day and get away with it.this has to stop!!!!!!!!!!