4.6K views

My name is Alex Sabonge. I purchase a deal from Westgate Resorts back in February. It cost me about 5000 dollars to get into this membership (8weeks) with your resort plus a leisure time passport membership.

After finally paying my last monthly payment, I received a welcome letter from your company and a leisure time passport number that entitles me to go anywhere in the world at a DISCONTED RATE.

Well, to my surprise, I went to your website and looked to see how many resorts you have and where can I spend time with my family to find you only have 28 resorts all around the US (Orlando, Miami, Branson, Robinsonville, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, Gatlinburg, Park City, and Williamsburg). I remember the day of our meeting, one of your sales reps pointed a big plate you had on the lobby, with David Siegel's (billionaire) name on it. She said, that he was a founder of this amazing resort, club, etc.. so it gave some type of reassurance that you are picking a good company to do business with. Well to make story short, typical marketing scam. You are just using a big name to sell bad products.

What makes me angry is not only I need to pay $199 to continue the club, but also $500 every time I travel, and in top of that the $5000 that lets you become a member. It makes me upset to have overlooked this HORRIBLE DEAL, if you can call it like that.

And this is not all, I found that by searching for a deal in Expedia, Trip advisor, Hotwire, and some other companies, I get the same type of discount through your company that doing a regular search on the websites mentioned above. Take a look at my attachments.

I look to see if you offer better prices for Disney tickets and NO same price, I looked for hotels deals, NO same price, and I look for airline discount and NO same price. So what you are just doing is creating a portal through your website showing the same type of information. I mean I build websites for living; I could start doing this also and make people believe they are purchasing the deal of a life time, but you know what, I have a conscious.

So my regular search without haven't wasted $5000 + $199 yearly +$500 every time I travel, would have better if I saved the money and do the search on my own.

To add to this AMAZING DEAL, the special deals that you have on the side, for Las Vegas, Bahamas, Cancun, etc. not to my surprise are about 10 dollars discounted, I mean, WHY DID I PAY 5000 DOLLARS FOR. Your deals are no deals. In some cases the prices on my search were cheaper than your "mentioned discount" so please explain to me or if possible give me a refund for the money I spend, because up to this date it makes no sense to me why do you sell this horrible deal.

I am very, but very upset how I got tricked into buying this, as when I bought it you gave me the impression that I was going to receive 4 free weeks plus 4 weeks at discounted price.

I am trying to think how can I make this better and avoid thinking I wasted my money but there is no way of doing this. Trying to sell this weeks on Ebay or Craiglist is going to create more hassle, and this is something I shouldn't even been considering but what other options do I have.

Comments

It happened something Similar to me the only thing is that we didn't buy that deal thanks GOD, we just paid 100.00 but now they don't answer me any messages so I CAN'T pay the rest and they keep my 100 dollars

Riverdale, Georgia, United States #1232726

Yes, I agree 100%, and agree how you feel because the same exact has happened to me. I cannot find one week in June or July to meet with my family.

so yes I wasted 5k and $199, plus $500 if I find a place. we should get a petition to close down this so called travel club.

I just finished paying for my "adventure". First of all I tried calling to see whats available to me and after waiting about a 1/2 hour on the phone no one ever picked up.

I even tried creating an account, but it kept saying it didn't recognize my member number. It finally sent me to some other website, which I have no idea what it is.

Rochester, New York, United States #874457

I bought the same thing...almost done paying for it. And now, I realize there's no real savings on things.

They play it up and show you all these places all over the world, tell you how much you'll save- then you become a member and it's not any cheaper than if you booked it yourself.

I'm not happy about the purchase, but I'll try to utilize the best I can to get some value out of it. They're BS-ers, definately...rich ones!!

When i visited westgates they' said that getting the timeshare i could stay any hotel but to my surprise, i have to pay the same as someone without the time share. They are thieves, it sucks. I just wasted my money.

check out this post it will answer all of your questions and give you some insight with your situation.look at it as soon as possible.

to cl*** action lawsuite starting Idaho, United States #1145198

I guess I don't know how to navigate your post. Can you give more info on the class action lawsuit?

westgate & co. who call u at home r thieves i cannot even give away time share u would think westgate would take mind back & the bunch of thief salesman would grab it & sell it 4 $$$$$$

Why would it be such a hassle to sell your vacations on ebay? Check the going rate for a 1wk stay at the Planet Hollywood Towers!

$3,000 and up! Sell two of your Westgate weeks and you're free and clear. If you don't want to continue your membership, simply don't renew it the next year.

You're not out anything.

This is my strategy anyway... We'll see if it works =) I'll keep everyone posted!!

to karebear49 #1494961

There is no option to not renew it, the contract states 20 years for the annual club dues, in addition to the $5000 we've already spent, and we also have never received any help when we've called, also can't log in - same message, doesn't recognize the membership number or the email address - how convenient; and we tried to book a late week off season stay at Chula Vista - ha, we didn't get the discounted rooms because that's only Mon-Wed and only certain Mon-Wed, and...well you get the picture. Definitely interested in the class action lawsuit, at this point, we have stopped payment on the annual dues and the remainder of our balance on the $5000 - maybe we'll actually hear from them now!

Harrow, England, United Kingdom #216795

Harrow, England, United Kingdom #216791

THIS IS NOT A COMPANY

It is a band of thieves

Thieves and robbers IS WHAT THEY ARE

I'm glad you posted this because my fiancee and I went through the same thing. I can't believe how this company gets away with this.

I have yet to meet one person that is completely satisfied with this so-called "service".

There has to be a way to sue these people for the money they have collected from us. It is a total rip off and the sad thing is they continue to recruit more people on a daily basis.

Pine Hill, New Jersey, United States #133012

I'm with you Alex..the same thing happened to my fiance & I...I'm trying to research to see if we let it go..what will happen? Aren't they their own financial place...so besides credit..can they go after you later?

to Furious Bristow, Virginia, United States #579315

I HAVE READ THE POST LEFT HERE AND ITS JUST CRAZY THAT EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME THINGS DONE TO THEM AND THERE GETTING AWAY WITH IT. ITS JUST CRAZY.

MY AND MY WIFE AND KIDS WENT TO FL FOR A SPRING BREAK. WE GOT ROPED INTO THIS FOR FREE TICKETS AND EXTRAS WELL IT SOUNDED GOOD. SO WE WENT FOR THE 90 MIN TOUR. WELL IT TOOK ALMOST 4 HRS TO GET OUT. WE LIKED WHAT WE HEARD BUT WAS NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT DECISION THAT DAY THEN THE PRESSURE CAME. WE STILL SAID NO SO THEN THEY OFFERD US A GETAWAY PKG (RIGHT GET A WAY HAHAHA JOKE ) WE WERE TOLD THIS PKG WAS A 1 WEEK STAY IN FL. AND WE HAD 3 GETAWAYS BUT THEY THROW IN A 4TH GET A WAY. NO LET ME BREAK THIS DOWN FOR YOU THE COST WAS OVER $1000 BUT THAT WAS TO PAY FOR OUR WEEK AND OUR GETAWAYS. HAHAHAHA JOKES ON ME THE GETAWAYS WERE EXPLAINED TO US AS A GETAWAY!!!!!! 2 TO 4 DAYS. ANYWHERE THEY HAVE RESORTS NOW THIS IS THE CRAZY PART. I TRIED TO BOOK IN LAS VEGAS FOR A GETAWAY AND WAS TOLD IT HAD TO BE FOR 7 DAYS (CANT UNDERSTAND HOW A GETAWAY IS 7 DAYS ?) I EXPLANED TO THE LADY WHAT WE WERE TOLD AND SHE SAID IT WOULD COST ME $1100 TO STAY THERE AND I HAD TO STAY FOR 7 DAYS. SO I DECLIND. SO ME AND MY WIFE SAID LETS TRY SOME OTHER PLACE AND WE TRIED TO BOOK IN MIAMI AND WAS TOLD THE SAME THING. SO NOW WE CANT USE OUR GETAWAYS BECAUSE IN MY WORLD 7 DAYS IS A VACATION SO WE THEN CALLED THE CUSTOMER SVC NUMBER TO SEE WHERE WE COULD USE OUR GETAWAYS AND FOUND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AVAILABLE. MOST PLACES HAVE A MIN NIGHT STAY 6NIGHTS AND 7 DAYS. SO WE HAVE TRIED CALLING AND CALLING TO GET THIS CORRECTED BECAUSE WE WERE TOLD WE COULD.

SO WE HAVE NOW STOP PAYING THEM AND NOW THEY HAVE SENT US TO A CREDIT COLLECTION AGENCY AND WE TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO THEM AS WELL BUT IT SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES AND THEY KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS BS THEY CALL THE '' TEST DRIVE " TO SEE IF WE WANT TO BE OWNERS. SORRY BUT *** NO HOPE YOU ALL GET CHARGED WITH FRAUD. BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE LIERS AND SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!

AND I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BAD BLISH ON MY CREDIT THEN TO PAY THEM ANOTHER DIME. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ?

to ROBERT ( AKA MR ***ED OFF) Ocala, Florida, United States #1188803

OK so I was explained that we put 200.00 down and we can go to one of the resorts for 8 days 7 nights with all amenities no charge,once we pay for it. We put 200 down and we r paying 39.95 a month for 24 months so I asked her the dates said between 2016-2018 and I asked can u book it now or do u have to wait until it's all paid for she said all paid for well by that time 2018 will be finished so I figured we pay 100 a month and it's paid for by feb.

And we can book the 3 myths in advance.

So are u saying we have to pay for our room too cause I'm not paying another dimension I can make my own reservations and it come out to be cheaper in that case, we can always choose to do things and I buy them like the amenities instead of Hotel amenities I can book zip line packages or Disney myself I'm a fl residents so I automatically get a discount but I thought we would go to TN. Is this true you are paying for rooms?????

to Furious Nashville, Tennessee, United States #879097

If you cancel within 5 days u are free & clear. I do believe it goes on your credit ,but I rather repair my credit later than pay to low down bastards

to Anonymous Texarkana, Arkansas, United States #1249551

On No, If you cancel within 5 days, they KEEP 500.00 and give you a 5 day vacation at any of their resorts. I called to cancel within 12 hrs of signing and they kept the 500.00. Now mind you, he said to call to cancel within 5 days for a total refund.