In April I made a special request to reserve condo or cabin, whatever they call them. As we were bringing my parents with us to Gatlinburg again, and needed a walk in and parking on a more level surface.

We are supposed to pay no more than $500.00 for a week. I asked for the week of Oct.4th through Oct 11th. I waited 2 weeks for a response, when they did respond, they changed our dates to Sept 27th through Oct 4th. I figured ok if we get what we need!!!

We arrived at 9:00pm on the the 27th to find we were on the 3rd floor, wth??? I told them that was not possible as my dad walks with a cane, and my mom is very frail, and I had requested ground level. After some time we were told that we were gonna love where they were putting us. We go to the top of the mountain, to the new units that they had tried to sell us the year before, but we said no. We go in, and it is a one bedroom studio, no kitchen, very small fridge and no oven. Did I mention one bed for 4 people???? Again I said no way!!! We had paid almost 800.00...so back down the mountain we go, I go in to the front desk again, and I am told that they do not have anything else, and they also said that I had rented not used my week. What?????

Well we had to have a place big enough for 4 adults, so I was charged another 351.00 for a unit with 2 full beds in the same bedroom. It cost us over 1100.00 for a week, in a unit that had one bedroom and no view.

Now we have paid thousands, plus we pay 170 approximately every month. I would say we are getting ripped off big time!!!!

They gave us the big wonderful speech when we took the *** step to join, but now it is just a bunch of everyone saying, we are sorry but we can't help you, that is not our dept.

beware if you are thinking of joining Westgate resorts!

Had an Experience with Westgate Resorts?

Comments