Las Vegas, Nevada
Cleanliness
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

I recently stayed at the Westgate Resort/Las Vegas on the dates of 8/25/2016-8/28/2016.

I have several complaints.

1. Upon entering our room late Thursday night, there was trash/stickers on the floor and our bed skirt was falling off the bed.

2. Our toilet had to be flushed 3 times in order for it to work.

3. When the air condition would kick on, it made the room smell like sewer.

4. There was no food court in the casino, and only ONE place open for lunch (even on Saturday)

5. Pieces of carpet were missing and the tack strip kept stabbing us

(I did report all of these, and none were fixed during our stay). I also reported them on the survey I received via e-mail.

The biggest complaint of all is the following:

6. Friday night we were in our room asleep. We were awakened to someone entering our room. Luckily, we had the metal clasp over the door, so they could not get all the way in. They had the door open trying to push the clasp open. It scared us half to death. Had we not been in the room at the time, they could have come in and stolen all of our belongings. Had we not locked the extra clasp, they could have come in and rapped/hurt/ killed us.

The following day, we went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. We wanted answers. How did someone get a key to our room? Who gave them access? Did they not have to have an ID to get a key? What was management going to do to make this right?

This was the response we got, “I don’t know how that happened. I’ll have to look into it. All I can do is say sorry.”

I am in shock the manger had NO explanation for us, and all we got in return was, “I don’t know why it happened.” We were never given an explanation. We were given NOTHING. I STILL want an explanation. How was MY life was in this much danger? We felt the need to put the “Do not disturb” sign on our door because we were scared who might come in. We were scared to leave our room. The Westgate made the rest of our stay miserable. I want an explanation. I want more than, “I don’t know how this happened.” I want answers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Westgate Resorts Room.

Reason of review: Safety.

Westgate Resorts Cons: And the beahvior of the salespeople, Lies, Dirty, Dismissive attitude of management, Lack of safety concern for customers, No one would take responsibility.

Comments

h.kitchener
#1205806

Obviously, maintenance is not a priority at this place. As for the guy trying to enter your room, it sounds like they never cancelled the key card from a prior guest when you checked in.

Whomever checked you in made a mistake. What to do? Probably nothing at this point. What would you like them to do?

They will try to stall and evade hoping you will go away.

Actually, there is nothing at this point for you do do. If you are looking for recompense of some sort, forget it and chalk it up to a bad experience.