Featured Not resolved
2.4
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation

My wife and I attended a timeshare presentation and were deceived as to what we were getting for our money. When I tried to get a refund everyone I talked to at Westgate agreed I was duped, but said there is nothing they can do.

Corporate said I needed to deal with the specific resort I dealt with. The resort said I needed to call corporate. Very frustrating. I have decided to make it my life's mission to post as many negative comments about Westgate as is humanly possible We were promised a full week at one of their resorts and three free "getaway " weekends at ant Westgate property.

They told us the vouchers for the free weekends would come in the mail . A LIE

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Sales people are dishonest.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 19, 2017.

Comments

Pable and PEMCO are is the same person who comments on many posts defending the corruption of the company. People need to be careful of scams.

If that's really you in the picture, you're old enough to know better about time shares.

Since the first time I ever heard the term, decades ago, I've never heard one equated on any other terms than ones similar to "used car salesman" ," thieves" ,

"liars", "misrepresented", "pain in the expletive deleted" etc.

Pablo, the commenter below me, is a genius. Follow his advice, folks !

And don't waste what relatively little time you have left on a one man crusade.

Nothing good will come of it and you'll just be more upset.

Trust me.

Especially over such a relatively trivial sum of money. If you can't afford to lose it, don't spend it.

to Smitty #1409261

Wrong. I don't have much time, either, but is it such a pleasure to pass around the truth about timeshares that I will continue to do so. Timeshares are just as positive as an STD.

North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1352885

I assume you approached corporate and the sales team to request that your membership be canceled with a full refund. There are two methods to cancel a timeshare purchase within the mandatory rescission period: (1) you can return in person to the sales office; and (2) you can send your decision CERTIFIED MAIL to the Developer's corporate office.

I always recommend the certified mail option (return receipt requested).

I assume when you returned to the sales office, the sales team failed to provide a written acknowledgement of your request to cancel the membership. Absent documentation, you have no proof that you requested cancellation within the mandatory rescission period.

to Pablo Buffalo, New York, United States #1352906