Review about Westgate Resorts Vacation Ownership from Bronson, Florida

I stayed at Westgate Resorts last night, Feb 3-4th 2016.Our room (1035b) had a decent set up and it was a nicely decorated room with a balcony, but it wasn't clean at all!

The laundry room was disgusting, we had bugs all over our entry door, and then this morning I woke up feeling awful, very congested and sneezing like crazy! Knowing I had to get on the road again, I jumped in the shower and that's when I noticed all the mold! All around the shower and on the ceiling. I started investigated further and found 2 corners full of dirt and black mold in the bathroom alone!

It was obvious that they had just tried to paint over it at some point but didn't fix it correctly and this explains why I was feeling so bad, I'm very sensitive to black mold! I immediately went to the front desk to report my findings and was brushed off and told that they couldn't do anything about it because I didn't report it right away when I checked in. I explained that I took pictures of the bathroom but they wouldn't even look at them, simply said they'd pass along the info to housekeeping. I'm very frustrated!

If I had my son along for my trip, I very well could have had a night in the ER as he's even more senitive to black mold and has asthma!

I pray no one else is subjected to this issue and they correct the problem immediately but I'm doubtful!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Westgate Resorts Vacation Ownership
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #783709

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Westgate Resorts? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.