Joplin, Missouri
2.4

We have had this timeshare since 2009 and have only been able to use it a handful of times. First of all, we were pressured to buy when we were there with my brother and sister-in-law were there with us and my brother-in-law was severely debilitated.

Then after we purchased, we were never able to book when we needed to. It was always booked up but yet there were always rooms available for the public to book for the purpose of selling timeshares to them. We have paid that mortgage off since but now the maintenance fees are ridiculous and you can't use your property unless they are totally paid for the current year. We have been very disappointed with this.

In addition, one of the rare times we did make it down, they practically dragged us through another sales pitch. The salesman knew some players on a nearby sports team and began discussing them with my 24 yr old "special needs" son; promising to set him up to talk to the coach and several other things. My son, of course, was very excited. Well, after we had to say "No" to his sales pitch' he was very stand-offish with my son.

My son even said that he lied to him.

I was very sad and have even put off returning since we knew that the salesman was still working there. This was at Branson Woods Westgate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Westgate Resorts Vacation Ownership.

Preferred solution: Forgo the maintenance fees for 2016..

Westgate Resorts Cons: Sales person, No one cares about guest concerns.

Comments

There are basically 3 "categories" of inventory: (1) weeks owned by the developer; (2) weeks sold by the developer to owners (that is you); and (3) weeks owned by owners deposited into an exchange company. You always have a right to category 2 rooms.

If you contact Westgate Resorts, they may relinquish one of the category 1 rooms.

Usually, the developer will wait until 30 or 60 days before occupancy before relinquishing category 1 rooms. I hope this makes sense.