Purchased a Westgate vacation with a timeshare review package from Monster Reservations Grouo, LLC and was “gifted” a 7 day cruise for 8 people in 4 cabins and all we had to pay was port fees and taxes. I specifically asked multiple times if this was accurate and was assured more than once it was only port fees and taxes without black out dates.

I asked if there was a catch or fine print. Nope. None, I was told. Went to Branson this weekend, watched the timeshare preview, and received my “gifts”.

I then activated the cruise certificate only to find out there is a $199 surcharge per person for peak cruising months plus “administrative fees” and “agency fees” and should expect to pay $600 per person for a 7 day cruise!!! How is that a gift? I can book my own cruise for that. When I called to complain, I was told by Monster they can’t be held responsible for the policies of their 3rd party affiliates, Executive Tour & Travel Services, Inc., the company that issues the cruise certificates and charges the aforementioned fees.

This is a classic bait and switch scam and Monster, Executive Tour, and Westgate are all guilty. I will be retaining an attorney very soon.

Comments