Westgate Resorts - Absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had
The word ‘resort’ is used very loosely here. We stayed July 10, 2016 – July 12, 2016.
• TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!! THIS PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS!!
• Used Priceline for booking –Westgate did not disclose the addition hotel charge of $10 per night. This was disclosed upon check in.
• Westgate advertised Oceanfront property. I was trying to find an oceanfront room. Upon booking I specified this. Upon arrival I found that I could not have an oceanfront room unless I paid an additional fee of $56 per night despite the fact that they had several empty oceanfront rooms available (I knew this because there are no private balconies).
• In addition to the 2 undisclosed fees mentioned above, they hold an additional $50 for incidentals.
• The first room they put us in (Rm. 628) smelled like what I imagine swamp water smells like. It had an extremely powerful smell of old, stale toilet water, and even after leaving the room balcony door open for a couple hours while we went to dinner, the smell did not leave the room.
o Called the front desk and asked Brittany to send someone up to deodorize the room.
o Corvelle arrived with some type of freshener that even he admitted would not work on whatever that odor was. He suggested we call the front desk and ask for another room.
o Called front desk and spoke with Brittany again who promptly moved us to room 632.
o This room had no smell.
• The oceanfront rooms have no private balconies, which is how I knew there were so many oceanfront rooms available.
• Parking is across the street from an adjacent hotel in a muddy, graveled, dark “parking lot.”
• The rooms are in such a terrible state of disrepair. I cannot name all of the things wrong. A few are listed below…
o Trash was in the space between the balcony and the balcony railing (yes there was about a 3 inch gap there).
o The roof over the balcony appeared to be ready to fall.
o The carpet was frayed and pulling up.
o The shower curtain was torn and the entire bathroom was in a terrible state of disrepair.
• THE PLACE IS INFESTED WITH ROACHES. We saw 2 in 30 minutes time. We were on the sixth floor so there must be an infestation! There were also other bugs that appeared on the bed that I have never seen before, and I hope were not bed bugs.
• I have been to numerous hotels during my life. I have never seen one that would call itself a resort and offer its patrons such dank, disgusting, bug infested accommodations. I would expect such less than perfect accommodations from a Motel 6 or Super 8 (although I still would not expect to be fighting bugs, cockroaches etc. during my stay). Westgate places charges on top of charges on top of more charges for their rooms as if it is a quality resort when it is little more than a shabby, seedy, second rate hotel.
• When I brought these things to the attention of hotel management, they refused to take responsibility for the condition of the hotel. They tried to blame the additional charges on the fact that we are “paying for the beach.” They tried to blame the poor condition of the hotel on its age and the lack of cleanliness on the management of housekeeping. In addition, when I told them of the roaches in the room, they quickly said “Oh those are palmetto bugs.” There was an excuse for absolutely everything. At one point they even tried to blame Priceline!
• THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST “HOTEL” EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. I say this not just because of the hidden charges, the roaches and other bugs and the hotel’s state of disrepair and lack of cleanliness, but also because of management’s general lack of consideration and dismissive attitude.
• I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY IN A WESTGATE HOTEL NO MATTER WHERE IT IS.
More Review Details
|Facilities and Services|
|Value for money|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality for price
- Very poor customer service
- Dismissive attitude of management
- Excessive and very high hidden charges
- Parking lot muddy and across the street
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "Lets see we booked online for this hotel for 12-31-16. When we arrived they had stated that they were over booked and that they would have to find us a..."
- "In November 2013 I stayed at the MANHATTAN CLUB, One bedroom-two bath unit 1516. This unit possessed all of the 'boutique' features: broken closets handle and kitchen light, a sofa..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "Ok so I got my fenders and my fender flares back this evening(only took them 7 hours to do 4 base coats and then 4 clear coats on these bad..."
- "@ 7/24/16- ordered a mug & iphone case with a cat design. Received tracking number promptly. 8/4/16- received package- only mug, no iphone case. 8/4/16- called customer service- spoke to Kate. She stated..."
- "I had a repo i called graceland portable Buildings to pick the building up.on 05/21/2016 on05/23/2016.thay sents a drive that pickes up for Graceland portable Building to pick up my..."