The word ‘resort’ is used very loosely here. We stayed July 10, 2016 – July 12, 2016.
• TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!! THIS PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS!!
• Used Priceline for booking –Westgate did not disclose the addition hotel charge of $10 per night. This was disclosed upon check in.
• Westgate advertised Oceanfront property. I was trying to find an oceanfront room. Upon booking I specified this. Upon arrival I found that I could not have an oceanfront room unless I paid an additional fee of $56 per night despite the fact that they had several empty oceanfront rooms available (I knew this because there are no private balconies).
• In addition to the 2 undisclosed fees mentioned above, they hold an additional $50 for incidentals.
• The first room they put us in (Rm. 628) smelled like what I imagine swamp water smells like. It had an extremely powerful smell of old, stale toilet water, and even after leaving the room balcony door open for a couple hours while we went to dinner, the smell did not leave the room.
o Called the front desk and asked Brittany to send someone up to deodorize the room.
o Corvelle arrived with some type of freshener that even he admitted would not work on whatever that odor was. He suggested we call the front desk and ask for another room.
o Called front desk and spoke with Brittany again who promptly moved us to room 632.
o This room had no smell.
• The oceanfront rooms have no private balconies, which is how I knew there were so many oceanfront rooms available.
• Parking is across the street from an adjacent hotel in a muddy, graveled, dark “parking lot.”
• The rooms are in such a terrible state of disrepair. I cannot name all of the things wrong. A few are listed below…
o Trash was in the space between the balcony and the balcony railing (yes there was about a 3 inch gap there).
o The roof over the balcony appeared to be ready to fall.
o The carpet was frayed and pulling up.
o The shower curtain was torn and the entire bathroom was in a terrible state of disrepair.
• THE PLACE IS INFESTED WITH ROACHES. We saw 2 in 30 minutes time. We were on the sixth floor so there must be an infestation! There were also other bugs that appeared on the bed that I have never seen before, and I hope were not bed bugs.
• I have been to numerous hotels during my life. I have never seen one that would call itself a resort and offer its patrons such dank, disgusting, bug infested accommodations. I would expect such less than perfect accommodations from a Motel 6 or Super 8 (although I still would not expect to be fighting bugs, cockroaches etc. during my stay). Westgate places charges on top of charges on top of more charges for their rooms as if it is a quality resort when it is little more than a shabby, seedy, second rate hotel.
• When I brought these things to the attention of hotel management, they refused to take responsibility for the condition of the hotel. They tried to blame the additional charges on the fact that we are “paying for the beach.” They tried to blame the poor condition of the hotel on its age and the lack of cleanliness on the management of housekeeping. In addition, when I told them of the roaches in the room, they quickly said “Oh those are palmetto bugs.” There was an excuse for absolutely everything. At one point they even tried to blame Priceline!
• THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST “HOTEL” EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. I say this not just because of the hidden charges, the roaches and other bugs and the hotel’s state of disrepair and lack of cleanliness, but also because of management’s general lack of consideration and dismissive attitude.
• I WILL NEVER AGAIN STAY IN A WESTGATE HOTEL NO MATTER WHERE IT IS.
More Review Details
|Facilities and Services|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality for price
- Very poor customer service
- Dismissive attitude of management
- Excessive and very high hidden charges
- Parking lot muddy and across the street
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "This is an update to the complaint against Panther Knob Cottage Rental, owner Susan Bates As of this date November 13, 2014 nothing has been resolved!! But this is business..."
- "Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare. It first..."
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "Ok so I got my fenders and my fender flares back this evening(only took them 7 hours to do 4 base coats and then 4 clear coats on these bad..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."